Facebook has been around for a while but still many are not yet familiar with this simple feature called “Lists”. When you use Facebook’s List feature, it allows you to separate your personal “friends” from your professional “friends” and other group of “friends” and assign levels of access to your connections as you choose. This is a good way to go if you are conscious about your privacy; in addition to that, it gives you a piece of mind to think, “Whoa, my friends are organized in lists”. You can post unique content to each list on the same page and feel secure in the idea that your posts will be only visible to a group of related friends only. With the Lists feature, you can move your friends around in as many ways as you choose. Remember that your Facebook friends can be on more than one list at a time.
Advantages of having Lists on Facebook
- Post your shoutouts, links, photos to specific group. With Lists, you can share your posts, links or photos to the people you only like in an easier way by picking lists instead of choosing from hundreds of friends.
- Group Messaging. Send messages to multiple related contacts once by using lists, however, only lists containing of maximum 20 persons can be sent to.
- View recent updates of specific group of people. By clicking the drop down list on your News Feed, you can view friends’ updates in an organized manner. As you can see here, I want to see the latest updates from my relatives. One click and here it goes..
- Suggest Friends easily. If you add a new friend who is new on Facebook, you can suggest friends to him/her that belongs to the same group. It saves you time, believe me! In this picture, I recently added Charlie as my friend. Since he is new on Facebook, I suggest friends to him using “Suggest Friends” button. I selected all friends that I think he knows in just a few clicks.
- Let your friend add your friends easily! By using lists you can put “Featured Friends” and this will appear on the left side of your profile. Your friends will be shown in group, an easy way for your profile viewers to find your friends that they know too.
To do this, just go to “Edit Profile” and click “Featured People” on the left. There you can add the list of friends you want to show on your profile.
- Be online on Chat but invisible to others (cool). This is my most favorite feature since I used “Lists” because you can chat like you are in an instant messaging program. You can go “Invisible” to a specific group of people in just one click, while staying online for the others.
So how do you create “Lists”? Just follow these 3 easy steps:
- Go to Accounts and click Edit Friends.
- Click Create Lists, assign a name for it and choose your friends that belong to this list. You can have a friend be a member of as many lists as you want. After selecting click “Create List” .
3. You can also edit lists if you like and add more friends :)
So now, if you still don't have more than 500 friends, it's not too late. it will take you about 1 hour to group your friends. If you have patience, even if you have more than 1000 friends, you can still make lists if you want. I am sure it can still be "rewarding" in the end.
Don't forget to post your comments. Thanks!